Re: mice and x

Chris Tillman wrote:

You're out of my league now; but there are 2 ways to start X, startx and gdm. With gdm, you have a choice of what kind of session you want, I think. When installed as part of the tasksel desktop package, I think most of this stuff is taken care of for you; at least gnome starts for me automatically when I start X.

well, as you can tell from my earlier post, I've gotten it to work. I still have to work out things like my DEL and BACKSPACE keys, figure out how to get 3 button mouse emulation, and I'm set. I'm writing this from mozilla (I haven't been concentrating on getting a real (IMO) emailer to work... yah, GNOME gets started from within X, duh me. gnome desktop and so forth. Thanx for the help :-).

eric