zip mediume question ?

	Hi,

once again a little help needed...

the powermac 9600 I'm setting up, has an internal zip drive located on
/dev/sdc (as told by dmesg, see relevant part bellow.)

at boot time when there is no zip in the drive, dmesg complains
about "READ CAPACITY failed" and kernel is assuming that "lock size
assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB." humm I would like that my zip
drive could be used as jaz drives ;-))

why the zip drive, removable disk, is tested while there is no medium
??
is there a way to correct/enhance this.

mesh: target 3 synchronous at 5.0 MB/s
  Vendor: MATSHITA  Model: CD-ROM CR-8024    Rev: 2.0f
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIP 100           Rev: J.03
scsi2 : 53C94

[SNIP]

Attached scsi removable disk sdc at scsi1, channel 0, id 5, lun 0

[SNIP]

sdc : READ CAPACITY failed.
sdc : status = 1, message = 00, host = 0, driver = 08
Current sd00:00: sense key Not Ready
Additional sense indicates Medium not present
sdc : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
 sdc: I/O error: dev 08:20, sector 0
 I/O error: dev 08:20, sector 0
 unable to read partition table
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi1, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
sr0: scsi-1 drive

	Thank's again

	Eric

--
 donc, si tu n'en a rien à foutre tu ne lis pas les mess qui ne te sont
 pas adressés, c'est le problème de poster sur plusieurs forums, tu