Re: boot problems after install on Pismo

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 08:24, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> I've gone through the install procedure of potato on a pismo (a new
> world powerbook).
>
> However the next to last step "make linux directly bootable from hard
> disk" runs quik rather than yaboot/ybin. I've tried going to console 2
> at the end of the install process and running ybin, but it can't write
> to the bootstrap partition, reporting that the volume is read only.

I don't think one can make partitions read only, so I suspect you made a
mistake somewhere.  Did you follow the steps in the potato installation
manual?

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/ch-init-config.en.html#s7.17

Running the 'Make bootable' step Just Works in the woody installer.