Re: deja vu: problems with latex and accents

On 20/01/02, Daniel Lamblin (daniell@toves.net) wrote:
> * Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@campbell-lange.net> [020119 19:22]:
> > There are two accents in the word deja, ? and an ? which I can see in
> > downloaded text (in an xterm) but cannot find the key combination for.
> > How do I get latex to 'render' these in the dvi output? At the moment
> > they aren't rendered at all. D?j? vu becomes Dj vu!

> Go to ctan.org, download the "Not so short introduction to LaTeX2e"
> (pdf or whatever), goto to the chapter "Typesetting Text" section
> "Special Characters and Symbols"  sub-section "Accents and Special
> Characters".

Hi Daniel. Thanks to you and everyone else on sorting out this problem.
I have to confess that I missed that very concise section in the "Not so
short..." guide. Thanks for your very precise pointer. Excellent!

Rory
--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory@campbell-lange.net>