Command key not working in X

Can someone help me?  I've tried to get this to work, but it isn't.

I would like my Command key to act as a modifier (Meta_L would be okay), but it is refusing to co-operate.

I tried to get it to work via xmodmap with this file:
keycode 115 = Meta_L
clear Mod4
add Mod4 = Meta_L Meta_R

And xmodmap -pm says it's working, but in KDE, I can't bind keys or
anything and nothing is registering a difference between command-f1
and f1.  It always shows up as just f1.

What is going wrong?

My XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "dvorak"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
EndSection

Ciao!

--
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people
maintaining a free civil government."

	-- Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

The Doctor What: "What, Doctor What"             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC