Re: Netscape with Woody install problems

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Chris Tillman wrote:

> I don't know. But how about Mozilla (which is free Netscape anyway)?
> I've also gotten Konqueror to run without KDE, it's nice and simple.
> And a third alternative is galeon, though I understand it's not quite
> as stable.

I know the Netscape packages for PPC haven't been updated in quite awhile
(lack of recent Netscape binary releases for Linux/PPC might have
something to do with it :). Is there yet any push to officially deprecate
{netscape,navigator,communicator}* in Debian? I find that Mozilla 0.9.7
quite handily fulfills my browsing needs, and the now nigh-prehistoric
Netscape binaries for PPC are beyond broken anyway.

And just FYI to the parent poster: You can go to the Opera site
(www.opera.com) and get either an RPM-ized or tarball install of Opera for
Linux/PPC. There's no debs of it, and I made a point of asking them why.
Their response was, in effect, "we haven't bothered to set up a PPC system
running Debian to do it with". Not that it really matters too terribly
much, thought it would be nice to have the deps handled automatically by
dpkg/apt.