Netscape with Woody install problems

I had this problem with Potato as well (we had some discussion about it,
but it diverted to a Mozilla thread).

When I try to install Netscape with dselect, it says that Netscape relies
on a statically linked Motif library which "is not available." Is
something wrong with how I have may apt-sources setup?

As a workaround, I was going to install Opera (http://www.opera.com/)
which I used with Potato. I downloaded the RPM, used alien to convert it
to .deb, and then ran 'dpkg install'. All seemed well until I ran it. It
claimed that it couldn't load a libstdc++-6.xxx.o (I don't remember the
values for x) file. I didn't see that file listed as an option using
dselect.

So, my main question concerns Netscape - why can't I install it?

If Netscape is a lost cause, then what can I do about Opera?

--
Paul F. Pearson (ppearson@hiwaay.net)     http://home.hiwaay.net/~ppearson/
"Lord heal our land. Father heal our land. Hear our cry and turn our nation