Re: Powerpc (mac-G4) -essentially broken

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 10:09, Nick Bailey wrote:

> Secondly, the # key has disappeared.  Shift-3 just goes beep
> (actually "shhhhhhh") on the konsole, or produces a £ in
> emacs.  The keyboard has no # (or delete (as opposed to
> backspace), for that matter).  Thank you very, very much
> Apple.  Perhaps they don't write C programs!  Is there a
> *preferred* workaround for this?  Maybe an xmodmap placed
> somewhere?  Maybe I'm needing a keymap I don't know about?
> (shift-3 is still # on the console logins, however)

Does pressing the right alt key (which should act as AltGr) and 3 (or
any other key for that matter :) work?

Another solution would be to use a US keymap instead of a british one, #
is shift+3 there.

> Thridly (out of two 8-): the mouse crashes when exiting KDE.
> I've not seen this in a bug report.  It's a USB one and works
> fine until you exit KDE.

I've heard about this, funnily it only seems to happen with KDE. I have
no idea what the problem could be, can you elaborate a bit on your mouse
configuration?

> PS: what's the command debconf invokes to build an XF86Config-4?

You mean dexconf? Or dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86?