Re: Keyboards on PowerPC....

> > Don't think so. Search for information about Linux keycodes, e.g in this
> > list's archive.
>
> Thanks for pointing out what the magic words to search for are, but
> I still contend it's a problem.

It sure is. But it's a problem we cannot avoid. We're midway through the
transition from ADB keycodes to Linux keycodes (and woody hasn't released
yet, by the way). Once everyone has switched to woody and is thereby using
Linux keycodes (kernel version permitting, which isn't a given: The Nubus
kernel is still at 2.4.6pre for all I know) the support for ADB keycodes
can be removed and everyone's happy.

> And while I'm here whinging; Why isn't fnset included in debian
> someplace  (in base, I would hope)?  I found it by searching for
> quite a while.  I figured it had to exist.

powermac-utils or powerpc-utils or whatsits name should have it. For the
record: the version of fnset I tested didn't work for me (wrong keyboard
ID used). No idea if that got fixed by now. If it still works on some
machines and breaks on others, it's not fit for inclusion in the
distribution.

	Michael