Re: pbg4 modem wakup

Hey,

I used that modem for about 4 weeks before getting broadband.  It does work,
but if my memory serves me, it's incredibly flakey.  I can't really remember
what my problem was, but I do know that I had to hang up and redial over and
over before the modem would respond.

Also, check your kernel configuration.  The 1st run TiG4 does have a hardware
modem.  Perhaps Mac serial support is required?  I don't think setserial is
needed, but if it is, it certainly doesn't take standard x86 values.  My modem
is on IRQ 53.

Hope this helps,
-Tech

P.S.:  I you get definite answers, send me an email so I'll know too :P