Re: Booting OSX after installing Debian and other buttons in X

Daniel Lamblin <daniell@toves.net> writes:

> It helps to know which machine you have.  With a machine with OFW 3
> having 9 around only to toy with the firmware... is not the greatest
> reason.  After all, unlike 1.0.5 you can by default get to an
> interactive OFW prompt without needing to set any variables through a
> program or the serial port... which means you can do a lot of OFW
> setting stuff without any OS.
> But surely you use OS9 for classic mode... at least sometimes.  Though
> probably like me you wish you didn't.

I'm using an oldworld G4 with OF 2.1.?. I only really use os9 for
firmware stuff. I'm using OSx as a dev platform and a browser
environment, so I don't use classic apps at all :)

> > There must be, but I'm not familiar with it. Perhaps holding the o key
> > at startup, IIRC, will bring up a graphical startup menu from which you
> > can select OSX.
> With the ibook2:
> I use the option key for this.  Though at one time yaboot hadn't set up
> the 800k boot partition for linux quite right and that caused the
> graphical menu to crash rather than show the 3 icons for OSX linux and
> OS9.  Using a more current yaboot seemed to help a bunch.

Having an oldworld g3 means that I have to use quik. :(

--
- Wayne Pascoe
wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk      | or more chance to participate in it.
http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk |