Re: Booting OSX after installing Debian and other buttons in X

* Chris Tillman <toff@azstarnet.com> [011225 13:01]:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 11:12:33PM +0000, Wayne Pascoe wrote:

It helps to know which machine you have.  With a machine with OFW 3
having 9 around only to toy with the firmware... is not the greatest
reason.  After all, unlike 1.0.5 you can by default get to an
interactive OFW prompt without needing to set any variables through a
program or the serial port... which means you can do a lot of OFW
setting stuff without any OS.
But surely you use OS9 for classic mode... at least sometimes.  Though
probably like me you wish you didn't.

> > After installing Debian, I can only boot OS9. Typing either bootr or
> > bye at the Open Firmware prompt just boots OS9. I have tried using the
> > OS9 startup disk tool to select the OSX system folder but it still
> > boots OS9.
Okay.... well that's just not right behavior.

> > Is there any way that I can boot OSX now ?
> There must be, but I'm not familiar with it. Perhaps holding the o key
> at startup, IIRC, will bring up a graphical startup menu from which you
> can select OSX.
With the ibook2:
I use the option key for this.  Though at one time yaboot hadn't set up
the 800k boot partition for linux quite right and that caused the
graphical menu to crash rather than show the 3 icons for OSX linux and
OS9.  Using a more current yaboot seemed to help a bunch.