Re: 2.4.x kernel crashing

Okay, accepting for the moment that when the kernel dies, I can't read the
console to find out what went wrong, what else can I do to figure out what's
wrong? Which kernel or other system logs would tell me?

I do know that for some reason, heavy disk activity kills the kernel. I run
anacron, and I know that after a few days of not being on, my computer runs a
bunch of tasks in the background. I think that it's the "locate" database
update that could be the culprit. But then, how would I know for sure?

Thanks for all the help!

Russell