2.4.x kernel crashing

Hey everyone,

I've written about this before, but I've specific questions now ;-)

I'm running stock 2.4.16, self compiled, on a Beige G3/266, with KDE as my
window manager. I get random crashes with any 2.4.x kernel. I would like to
use xmon to figure out what's wrong so that I can get it fixed, but I can't
see the terminal/console because when I crash, the top portion of my screen
becomes artifacts that I can't read (the rest of it is dead). I can't switch
to another console, but at the very least, at the top of the screen, I get a
blinking cursor that I know is in a shell mode with xmon. I want to record
this xmon info to a file, which I tried, but it didn't save. I don't know
where to get documentation on xmon so I can figure out how to save to a file
(since I'm unable to read the screen).

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Russell