Install: force Lombard to use yaboot, not quik

I've got to the second last step in the installation procedure on my
Lombard and got stuck, i.e. at step 8.1. ``Make System Bootable''. The
installer reports that quik is being set up, and I want to use yaboot.
Everything else has gone very well (installing initially using the
debian-imac.sit package and from there from NFS from one of my servers).
I'm aiming to install woody, but note that there is no 'base' install
file for woody; the installer grabs that from potato.

I have setup an apple_boostrap partition as set out in Ethan's fdisk
faq, just below all the apple driver stuff. Its OF address is hd:7. I've
tried going into the installer shell (ash) and running ybin manually.
But, with reference to
<http://master.penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/yaboot-faq.shtml>, I
realise that I should probably be running yabootconfig after editing
/etc/yaboot.conf - or is it the other way around? The yaboot-faq
confuses me a little here.

Also, should my device line in yaboot.conf point to my "/" partition (In
my case the partition after the boot partition)? Should the image
partition below be 8?

    default=Linux

    boot=/dev/hda7
    device=hd:8:
    delay=100
    timeout=10
    install=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/yaboot
    magicboot=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/ofboot

    image=/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        root=/dev/hda3
        read-only
        partition=3

    macos=hd:10
--
    mkofboot -v

Thanks for any help. Sorry if this all isn't very precise - I'm in a
rush, and away from the office where I have to do the install!

Rory