Re: New Altivec-enabled vlc available

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Michel Lanners wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded a new Altivec-enabled version of vlc (built from the
> 20011004 snapshot). It is available here:

Wow you are a genius :):):)  How did you manage to get those nasty old
Altivec tools to work on a recent Linux?  Or did you x-compile from MacOS
X?

Playback now takes about half my CPU on my tibook 400, versus dropping
frames at full throttle before.  Thanks a lot.

Too bad the current benh kernel has the suck-ass VM from 2.4.10-pre4.
Swapping all over the place after extended DVD reading.

-jwb