automatic power-up

hej,

I'd like to have my home machine as a part-time server,
booting and shutting down automagically (to give me some
sleep :) ).

there's a tool called "pmacpow" I've found spoken of in
the list archives; but it does not seem to be part of
debian (yet).

does anyone have experiences with that tool?
would it be a good idea(tm) to get it included with debian?
are there more sophisticated methods to have machine
booting up at a specified time (on a pmac7300) ?

bye
Philipp Kaeser
furball@space.ch

pmacpow "site":
ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/toe/pmacpow-tool/
mentioned in:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2000/debian-powerpc-200009/msg00183.html