Re: OT: Darwin

Ethan Benson wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 05:36:53AM -0300, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti

they did NOT use the bsd kernel. that is a myth propagated by slashdot mostly.

Funny that I got it not from /. but from MkLinux, OSF, the OpenStep community and NeXT.

Then what they used? The whole point was not creating their own kernel, nor compiler -- just the ObjC classes.

the BSD licence allows corporations to steal with impunity.
its still stealing.

	You can't steal what is given to you!

	But the kernel itself, BSD is more mature.

not on powerpc

That I have no experience of. But given NetBSD's age and scope I can at least doubt.

	Gonna sleep...

--
 _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 246 96 07