Re: Another about installing on an oldworld mac

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 08:43:59PM -0700, Tovar wrote:
> Try a recent HFS boot floppy (one that doesn't have the problem about
> not recognizing <return> when asking for a root disk).  If that works
> for you, then you can probably boot LUNIX without BootX or Quik (and
> for me, that works without a keyboard/monitor).  If there's interest,
> i'll explain how to boot from a dedicated HFS partition instead of
> using BootX.

I still have a bunch of 7200s to setup, but if I have trouble on the 6500s I
may need this.

Please post to list, and I'll try it if quik won't work on the 6500s that I
have.

I still need to try the quik/(macos/bootx) setup I described in another
thread (search for bootx in subject)

Mike