Re: Another about installing on an oldworld mac

Regarding trying to install on a clone:

   days of playing with it...However, I've got an old Power Computing Powerwave
   132 that I've been trying to install debian on, without a whole lot of
   success.  ...
                                                     ... The Powerwave stops
   booting in just the right place when I use the OF key combo, but nothing
   shows up in the terminal. I'm totally stumped and haven't been able to find
   any help anywhere else, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And other people having problems running QuiK:

   On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 01:48:42PM -0400, cfm@maine.com wrote:
   > The whole serial port thing was too much work and too unreliable.  I
   > could never get quik to boot unattended into linux, but could do
   > that with bootx.

   MacOS will not boot without some kind of monitor on the 7200s, and that is
   why I had to switch to quik, which works perfectly unattended now.  With
   7300, and probably others, MacOS will boot unattended without adb/monitor.

Try a recent HFS boot floppy (one that doesn't have the problem about
not recognizing <return> when asking for a root disk).  If that works
for you, then you can probably boot LUNIX without BootX or Quik (and
for me, that works without a keyboard/monitor).  If there's interest,
i'll explain how to boot from a dedicated HFS partition instead of
using BootX.
                                  -- Tovar