Re: Working configuration files needed for X 4.0.3 (FireWire iBook) and linux-kernel-source 2.4.4-1 (FireWire iBook, G4 Cube)

Jeremy Radlow wrote:

At 08:12 AM 5/8/01 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

As mentioned in the install guide that is in the same directory as the
XF86Config you got, you need to have frame buffer correctly configured
(aty128fb at 8 bpp is alright), and play a bit with the Video card
options in the Device section of XF86Config.

Hope this helps

I'm terribly sorry but there is not, in fact, an installation guide in
the same directory as the XF86Config.  Could you tell me where I might
find this guide.

man XF86Config

Michael Danzer wrote:
>Looks like it's not aty128fb but OFfb in fact. With yaboot you need to >encapsulate the video argument into append="..."
 >You need either
 >   Option "UseFBDev"
 >(requires aty128fb, recommended) _or_
 >   Option "ProgramFPRegs" "off"
 >_or_
 >   Option "PanelWidth" "800"
 >   Option "PanelHeight" "600"
 >in the XF86Config Device Section.

Okay, this information seems like it might be helpful, but I tried all of
those options in the Device section, and still can't get more than 8bpp.

Have you tried them all together? My ors were meant to be exclusive... With "UseFBDev", the other two won't have any effect, as will the panel dimension with "ProgramFPRegs" "off".