Re: problem booting hard disk after floppy/NFS install on a 7200/90

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 09:11:31AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> There used to be a problem with symlinks from / (I forget whether it liked links to have a leading / or not, e.g. /zip -> /zip/boot worked but -> zip/boot didn't or vice versa).  I sent a patch to fix that before the potato release.  How long ago did you have this problem?

it was awhile ago, last version tested i think was my own patched,
compiled version which should be identical to potato's current quik.
my friend is not eager to test such things since the machine in
question is serving as a NAT/firewall, has no head, no MacOS, and is
buried under loads of crap ;-)  suffice it to say its not convenient
to drag it out and attach a serial terminal to fix quik fsckage.

> Check out (archive) bug #55039.  I haven't touched the quik source since then though. :-)

i don't blame you ;-)  these powerpc bootloaders could use a nice
rewrite...

> > btw, can you please toss a \n in your message every once in a while?
> > like say every 72 characters.  thanks ;-)
>
> Sorry about that.  Netscape Mail is sometimes good about that, sometimes not. :-(

it did it again :(

try mutt ;-)

--
Ethan Benson