Re: PC parrilel port zip drive?

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:25:21AM -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
>  No, you missed something there.  I said I've never used a
> "PCI parport card", not that I've never used PCI.  I've used parallel ports,
> and I've used PCI, but I've only ever used parallel ports that were build
> into the motherboard (and thus looked like the usual ISA devices.)
>
>  I'm no stranger to new hardware :) I've got an account on a beowulf cluster
> of 5 dual-P3 1000MHz linux machines at school.  (They're getting more in the
> future, AFAIK.) At home, my NAT firewall/router/mail server/whatever that I
> have in my room is a P75, but my main server is a k6-2 @ 375 MHz.  I've also
> got an Athlon 650 with a GeForce 2 MX that dual boots windoze 98 and Debian
> woody.  (I wish nvidia supported Free software.  They're being pretty lame
> about releasing source.)

OK, by bad. :)

I kinda agree with nvidia myself.  They've got the 3d graphics market on the
PC corned.  Why would you give away that just for a driver?  From what I've
seen, they have OSSed the kernel-interfaces of the driver.  That's fine with
me.

If they want to have to give extra support to keep that edge, good for them.

Mike