Re: PC parrilel port zip drive?

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 07:33:09PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:25:12PM -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
> >  I've never used a PCI parport card on any arch, so I don't know what kind of

> Don't tell me you only have cpu <= 486?  Did I miss understand you to think
> that you haven't used PCI on x86?  Linux is great on old hardware, but even
> better on new. :)

 No, you missed something there.  I said I've never used a
"PCI parport card", not that I've never used PCI.  I've used parallel ports,
and I've used PCI, but I've only ever used parallel ports that were build
into the motherboard (and thus looked like the usual ISA devices.)

 I'm no stranger to new hardware :) I've got an account on a beowulf cluster
of 5 dual-P3 1000MHz linux machines at school.  (They're getting more in the
future, AFAIK.) At home, my NAT firewall/router/mail server/whatever that I
have in my room is a P75, but my main server is a k6-2 @ 375 MHz.  I've also
got an Athlon 650 with a GeForce 2 MX that dual boots windoze 98 and Debian
woody.  (I wish nvidia supported Free software.  They're being pretty lame
about releasing source.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y