Re: new preliminary packages for mol in incoming (0.9.58-1)

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 01:57:14PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

> `startmol --loadonly'

I have now recompiled using the correct kernel source, and when I do
`startmol --loadonly', I get the following error message:

# startmol --loadonly
  Mac-on-Linux 0.9.58 <www.maconlinux.org>
  (C) 1997-2001 Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se>
/lib/modules/2.2.19pre17/misc/mol.o: unresolved symbol mc_giveup_altivec
  Failed to load the module - look for updates at
  <http://www.maconlinux.org>
   If there are no updates, please send a bug report to <samuel@ibrium.se>

This sounds like code for the G3 (or G4, whenever they introduced altivec),
while I only have a measly 604e.  Perhaps I needed to specify somewhere
that I have an older processor?

Any ideas what went wrong?

And in a separate question, what is the test screen supposed to look like
for the molvconfig program? All I get is solid blue, red and green screens
(well, maybe with a bit of a gradient).

Does this mean the video is working correctly? If that is the case, it
certainly seems like it would be nicer for the test screen to show
something indicating success, or at least to point out that the correct
thing is a colored screen somewhere in the docs.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/