Re: mirrormagic on powerpc

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 04:28:54PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> I'm sorry for dropping the ball on this.  I have a few bugs in my
> changes-signing script:
>
> mirrormagic_2.0.0-7_powerpc.changes isn't signed with PGP/GnuPG
> Removing mirrormagic_2.0.0-7_powerpc.changes, but keeping its
> associated files for now.
>
> So it didn't go up.

No problem.

> For now, please do it yourself?  That -is- what voltaire is for.

Is it?  I've never done that before.  Do I just have to have to download the
.dsc and .changes files to my computer after building for signing?  I have
to use chroot to fulfil build-dependencies, right?  What's the procedure for
this?

Besides, chroot doesn't work for me on voltaire:

dparsons@voltaire:~$ mkdir mirroot
dparsons@voltaire:~$ /usr/sbin/chroot ~/mirroot/ apt-get install
libsdl-image1.2-dev
/usr/sbin/chroot: cannot change root directory to /home/dparsons/mirroot/:
Operation not permitted

Or maybe I'm using it wrong?

Are you sure that's what voltaire is for?  I certainly don't have root
access to voltaire to install the sdl libraries myself!

Drew