Re: /sbin/trackpad

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, P Prince wrote:

> What do the 'lock' and 'drag' options of /sbin/trackpad do?

If I understand it correctly, they both activate dragging without the need
for a button (double-tap on the trackpad, but don't lift your finger after
the second tap. Now you can drag.)

The difference is that in "drag" mode, you just lift your finger from the
pad for some time (the exact amount of time depends on how fast you have
been dragging), whereas in "lock" mode, you have to tap again in order to
drop whatever you have been dragging. (this works in "drag" mode, as well)

I admit it's not easily described, but I hope you get the point...

Cheers,
	Siggi