Re: x, ppc and woody

On Dec 11, Jack Howarth wrote:

> When I upgraded debian ppc sid this week on my machine, I noticed that
> dexconf was being used (incorrectly in 4.1.0-10) to upgrade my
> XF86Config-4 file. The resulting file that was created worked but used
> incorrect screen settings for a mac monitor as well as using a generic
> driver instead of r128.

I don't know the cause of this problem, but I can confirm that the same
thing happened to two of my friends with i386 boxes.  It wrote out broken
XF86Config-4 files that used the 'vga' driver and generic screen settings.

This is apparently a bug in the 4.1.0-10 configuration scripts, and you
should bring it up on debian-x along with any additional information so
that it can be fixed.