Re: XFree German Keymap on Pismo ... @ and | not working
- To: Michael Flaig <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: XFree German Keymap on Pismo ... @ and | not working
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 10 Dec 2001 19:07:20 +0100
- Message-id: <1008007640.15802.24.camel@pismo>
- In-reply-to: <20011210121533.GA1288@saratoga.starfleet>
- References: <20011210121533.GA1288@saratoga.starfleet>
On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 13:15, Michael Flaig wrote:
> I've upgraded my Debian sid this morning and decided to switch to new
> input layer. console works fine with "Apple USB".
> but XFree doesn't work. I set in XF86Config-4:
> Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
> Driver "keyboard"
> Option "CoreKeyboard"
> Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
> Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
> Option "XkbLayout" "de"
> Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
> Has someone an idea what I set wrong?
That's more or less the recommended configuration.
> Where could be a problem?
It's a known problem, but nobody wants to fix it... some keyboards don't
generate the keycode that Xkb maps to AltGr.
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast