Re: Black screen of death (OldWorld Mac)

> Is there anything I can do at this point besides opening up the case and
> twiddling the bits with my tongue?

My oldworld machine's OF (1.0.5) defaults to using a serial console for output.
If you have a MacOS boot source - i.e. cd or hard drive partition or disk tools
floppy - you can reset the parameter ram by holding down command-option-p-r at
power on and boot back into MacOS. Then you can use Boot Variables (a handy
little utility for setting OF variables from within MacOS - think nvsetenv in
Linux) to set a sane output device. I think one of the NetBSD faq's has a good
table summarizing the various combinations.

HTH

Tom