Re: debian (sid)

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:53:55AM -0800, Chu J Tan wrote:
> Can someone explain to me why is there the need to upgrade to sid which is
> still in development?
> I find that deb packages for potato are not really up to date. Eg. qt is in
> v2.0, kde is not available.

potato is the stable release so the most recent packages don't always
get in there. you don't need to upgrade to sid though, you can upgrade
to woody, which is very far in development.
for the rest you can compile yourself. have a look on the websites for
individual packages requirements. but upgrading to woody should save you
that.

grts,
sisi