Re: Installation on a Cube

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:14:18PM -0700, Derrik Pates wrote:

> When booting, the system should come to a 'boot:' prompt. Type 'debian
> video=ofonly' at the prompt, this should force the (admittedly aging)
> kernel to use the OpenFirmware console device, which won't be fast, but
> will be enough to get you booted and interacting with the console.

I've been running with video=ofonly in my yaboot.conf for the woody
installer (booting from a HFS partition on the hard disk).  Specifying
it explicitly for the potato CDs I have didn't seem entirely succesful -
instead of hanging with no output the machine was powered down very
rapidly after system startup.

Removing the USB speakers didn't seem to have much effect on anything.