Re: date problems

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:22:33PM +0100, Daniel Kobras came forth with:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:12:59PM +0000, Liam Bedford wrote:
> > I can reset the date with date, but as soon as I put the machine to sleep or
> > reboot it, it'll jump forward a month.
> >
> > (Actually, now that I think about it, it's now jumped forward another month,
> > so I'm now 2 months ahead).
>
> Check the first entry of /etc/adjtime for a really large value. If so,
> rm /etc/adjtime, adjust the system clock, and set the hardware clock.
> Your system somehow got to think it has to correct for a massive
> systematic drift in the hardware clock. More information is to be found
> eg. in the adjust section of hwclock's man page.

tried that.. doesn't seem to fix anything. It seems to be hwclock causing
the problem (it's run on a boot. I was confused about sleep).

lbedford@chia:~$ sudo /sbin/hwclock
Sun 30 Dec 2001 12:56:52 GMT  -0.231984 seconds
lbedford@chia:~$ sudo /sbin/clock
time in rtc is Fri Nov 30 12:56:57 2001
Fri Nov 30 12:56:57 2001

even if I set the date by hand, hwclock still reports the world being a
month ahead.

(I don't understand this well enough to figure it out, but I think I can
just change references to hwclock in /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh to clock?)

L.
--
     dBP   dBBBBb | If you're looking at me to be an accountant
              dBP | Then you will look but you will never see