Re: Bootable offical Debian-CD

Otto Wyss wrote:

I've now tried all version of the first Debian Potato rev1-4 CD plus the
GNU/Darwin-CD but none does boot on my b&w G3. Of course any MacOS CD
does boot correctly.

Have you tried booting directly to OpenFirmware (hold Command-Option-O-F before it bongs)? If not, try typing:

    boot cd:\\yaboot

and see if that gives you any joy. Is the firmware on your B/W G3 up to date? I have one sitting in front of me running Linux now, so I know it does work (I still use Potato r3 CD images, 'cause r4 == broken).

Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net