Re: sound and 2.4.16

hi,
    im not using the cd player, but  xmms works fine with a 2.4.16 kernel
im running on a g3 lombard.

relevent options ->
  power mac DMA sound driver,
  OSS support, with persistent DAM buffers, all compiled into the kernel.

the sound didnt work with the same kernel source when each of these was
modularised, also sometimes it  gives an error from the sound driver
(cpu overload, or similar) when kde startsup, kmix wont work,  but
xmms will comtinue without
problems.

now, if only i could remeber whcih src tree i used :/
  either benh, or bitkeeper