Re: filesystem for shared disk

Michael Schmitz wrote:
Fabian Jakobs wrote:
> does HFS have any restrictions concerning partition size?

HFS doesn't - MockOS might (at least 7.5.x wasn't happy with huge
partitions IIRC; 1 GB should be fine though).

As far as I know, Sys 9.0.4 is quite happy with absolutely huge
partitions (I seem to recall that my ibook came with it installed
on one huge 10 metric GB partition).  I would guess that the later*
versions of MacOS would be happy with large partitions, although
I seem to recall somebody mentioning that HFS may get a little short
of inodes at large sizes.  I did have a >1 GB HFS partition at one
stage, and had no problems with it (then again, I never did get
anywhere near filling it up).

Cheers,

Kin Hoong

* For a suitably new definition of later.