Re: yaboot fails on iBook 2001

On 25/11/01, Siggi Langauf (langausd@fachschaft.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de) wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian GNU/Linux from current powerpc images

There are a number of useful ways of getting to install the base
system:
1) CD (presently a problem?)
2) HFS partition on your hard drive
3) netboot

Firstly, have you tried keying in 'install' at the boot prompt? I got
the same strange messages as you report on my install system, but it all
worked fine.

If you can spare a small HFS partition - make sure it is not an HFS+
partition - on your drive, you may find that installing, or at least
booting, from disk works very well. You could make your HFS parition
just big enough to hold the boot floppies, and then install the base
system from CD.

I hope this helps
Rory

--