Re: german keymap for old iBook

on 21.11.2001 17:01 Uhr, Steffen Ermert at
steffen.ermert@post.rwth-aachen.de wrote:

> Sebastian Klemke wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm using debian unstable on an old Apple iBook computer (it's an
>> iBook tangerine from the first series of iBooks) and am looking for a
>> working german keymap. I do not use X, I need a keymap for the
>> console. Does anyone here have a clue of where to get this? All the
>> ones I've found are either not working or have some keys missing,
>> which are crucial to me, like ~, |, \ and so on. It'd be nice if the
>> keymap was largely the same as Mac OS 9.2.1 has (although this
>> keymapping is quite stupid, it has @ on Alt-l, and ~ is a deadkey
>> produced with Alt-n and then space).
>>
>> I'm currently running a linux 2.4.15-pre6-ben0 kernel without
>> ADBRAWCODES.
>>
> Hello Sebastian,
> are you running console tools?
> I had a similiar problem with my iBook (blueberry, rev A, unstable, 2.2
> kernel).
> The whole keymap was messed up after installing console tools.
> The only way to log in was to ssh the machine.
> The standard mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz is doing fine for me though.
>

>> Another problem I'd also like to solve, is that the kernel does not
>> regard the settings concerning the Fn-Key, which I think are stored in
>> the nvram, as booting linux always also changes this setting in Mac
>> OS.
>>
>> Also, console-switching does not work using Command-Fx, even
>> Command-Fn-Fx does not work, it only works with ADB raw keycodes, but
>> the console-tools package says, I should not use ADB rawcodes.
>>
> I have no problems switching consoles with Fn - apple - (F1-F7), the old
> 2.2 kernel though.
> Perhaps you should install kbd instead of console-tools and enable
> raw-keycodes in your kernel then?
> I remember that when playing with 2.4 kernels I had strange errors
> without raw-keycodes enabled.

Got all my problems solved. Apple USB de-latin-nodeadkeys now works fine for
me. Fn-apple is what I want to avoid. I want my Fn-Key working like an
Fn-key should, but some OS on this machine always resets it. This problem is
still unsolved for me.

Read U!

packet