Re: german keymap for old iBook

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 17:01, Steffen Ermert wrote:
> Sebastian Klemke wrote:
>
> > I'm using debian unstable on an old Apple iBook computer (it's an
> > iBook tangerine from the first series of iBooks) and am looking for a
> > working german keymap. I do not use X, I need a keymap for the
> > console. Does anyone here have a clue of where to get this? All the
> > ones I've found are either not working or have some keys missing,
> > which are crucial to me, like ~, |, \ and so on. It'd be nice if the
> > keymap was largely the same as Mac OS 9.2.1 has (although this
> > keymapping is quite stupid, it has @ on Alt-l, and ~ is a deadkey
> > produced with Alt-n and then space).
> >
> > I'm currently running a linux 2.4.15-pre6-ben0 kernel without
> > ADBRAWCODES.
> >
> Hello Sebastian,
> are you running console tools?
> I had a similiar problem with my iBook (blueberry, rev A, unstable, 2.2
> kernel).
> The whole keymap was messed up after installing console tools.

Have you read the warning it showed you? It's not there just for fun...

> > Also, console-switching does not work using Command-Fx, even
> > Command-Fn-Fx does not work, it only works with ADB raw keycodes, but
> > the console-tools package says, I should not use ADB rawcodes.
> >
> I have no problems switching consoles with Fn - apple - (F1-F7), the old
> 2.2 kernel though.

It's a matter of the keymap, not the kernel.

> Perhaps you should install kbd instead of console-tools and enable
> raw-keycodes in your kernel then?
> I remember that when playing with 2.4 kernels I had strange errors
> without raw-keycodes enabled.

What's raw keycodes? Do you mean CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES? You can do with
it whatever you please, but be aware that only Linux keycodes will be
(at least officially) supported in the future.