Re: iBook internal modem experiences?

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 12:07:55AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

[...]

> ATZ
> expect (OK)
> alarm
> AT
> expect (OK)
> alarm
> failed.
>
> Even if the modem doesn't hear the first "ATZ", it should hear the "AT",
> right?  Given that it's been at least 5 seconds since the port was
> opened?
>
> Does anyone else with an iBook 2001 (a.k.a. icebook) have this working?
> Maybe Apple got evil and put the softmodem in this laptop as well.

I have an ibook2 (500MHz) and using minicom, an AT or ATZ command gets
an OK response. I linked /dev/modem to /deb/ttyS0 and see that when
minicom is started, the macserial modules is loaded automatically. I'm
using kernel 2.4.14-ben0. If there is anything else I tell you, let me
know. I doubt this is significant but I aliased serial to off in
/etc/modutils/aliases.

--
Ron Golan
rgolan@coalabs.com