Re: X on the new TiBooks

>Ok, I've managed to get a semi-working Xserver module, but I still want to
>work on it some more.  In the meantime, I've discovered that the only
>reason that my colourmap was screwed up under X using the framebuffer
>Xserver was because of the default fb depth (which is 8).  When I did
>'fbset -depth 16' and then started X with the config below, KDE popped
>right up and in the correct colours :-)  Word of warning, 24-bit depth
>doesn't work yet, apparently, so keep the colour depth at either 8 or 16
>for now.
>
>This should buy more time for getting the Radeon Mobility patches into
>XFree86 4.1.0 :-P

I've found some radeonfb bugs causing all sort of colormap screwup using
the Xserver on fbdev mode (or MacOnLinux). I'm currently working on
fixing these, except a working version in my rsync tree real soon now
(possibly this evening).

Next step for me is to get X working with accel & UseFBDev at least.

Full functionality (without UseFBDev, DRI, etc...) will have to wait
for 4.2.0, but i'll see if I can get at least a 4.1.0 working with
accel & usefbdev.

Ben.