Re: X on the new TiBooks

Ok, I've managed to get a semi-working Xserver module, but I still want to
work on it some more.  In the meantime, I've discovered that the only
reason that my colourmap was screwed up under X using the framebuffer
Xserver was because of the default fb depth (which is 8).  When I did
'fbset -depth 16' and then started X with the config below, KDE popped
right up and in the correct colours :-)  Word of warning, 24-bit depth
doesn't work yet, apparently, so keep the colour depth at either 8 or 16
for now.

This should buy more time for getting the Radeon Mobility patches into
XFree86 4.1.0 :-P

Here's my XF86Config-4:

# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 server configuration file) generated by Dexconf, the
# Debian X Configuration tool, using values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the XF86Config manual page.
# (Type "man XF86Config" at the shell prompt.)

Section "Files"
	FontPath	"unix/:7100"			# local font server
	# if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
	#FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"