Re: Old 3 button MouseMan

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 11:13, Christian Zapf wrote:
>
> > I can't find which kernel options are needed for
> > my mouse to work. The 2.2.19 kernel binary that
> > I can't remember where it comes from works great.
> > My XF86Config file is set to use MouseManPlusPS/2.
> > However, since I have a PM8500 MP, I recompiled
> > my kernel, and have not been able to find the right
> > options for the mouse. Everything else works... but
> > the X server has a fatal error as it can't find the
> > mouse. Is there a way to find out which options
> > were used, if I only have the binary image??
>
> grep '^[^#].*INPUT' /boot/config-2.2.19
>
> might help.

Thanks for your suggestion. The original kernel that
was in /boot/ was different from the one in my BootX
folder, but it also worked for the mouse. I recompiled
the kernel with the /boot/config options, and it sill
worked... I thougt I had already done that, but it
seems like I tweaked it a little bit every time and
never got to comiple with just the original config
file. Now I was able to add a few modules and the MP
option, and it still works. I'll remove those parts
that I thought I don't need one at a time, in order
to find when the mouse breaks again.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Christian