Re: X on the new TiBooks

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 12:27:03AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> The framebuffer device should display any mode passed to it by the X
> server. Do you have an 1152x768 mode definition in your XF86Config
> (there is no such mode built into the server yet) and use that?

I didn't - a couple people sent me appropriate bits of configuration
privately.  However, that hasn't completely cured the problem - the
colours are all wrong (it looks for all the world as if everything's in
16 colours, though as far as I can tell from the X server output that's
news to it).  It's bad enough to still be hard to look at, though I
suspect that if I fell back onto something like twm that might not be
such a problem.

I've also had one hard lockup of the machine while running the X server
like this, though I'm not entirely convinced that wasn't kernel related
rather than the X server.