Re: installation success using 3.0.16 on iBook Dual USB / HOWTO

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 10:18:09PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> Are you sure OF doesn't open something up tho and leave it dangling?

if it does its not a driver partition.

course it could be yaboot not closing files properly, ive cleaned up
alot of the file handling behavior in 1.3.4/1.3.5 but there could be more.

> Erm, right.  And if we didn't properly 'shut down' OpenFirmware and it
> had something open, that could cause a bad interaction.

suppose its possible, that would be the kernel's fault in puke^H^H^Hrom.c
though ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/