Re: QUIESCE + MacOS still hangs (was Re: new ibook - potato 2.2r4 - image not found)

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 10:08:03PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 06:15:40PM +0100, Florian Friesdorf wrote:

> > > Now I think I know a little bit more about powerpc hardware, but
> > > definitely not enough.
> > > Thanks for all your help.
> > > - I tried the SHIFT key with the installed MacOS 9.
> > > - I tried the SHIFT key after the C key to skip the extensions of the
> > >   install CD
> > > - I tried the Command + Options keys during bootup to rebuild the
> > >   desktop, but it came not that far.
> >
> > I forgot to mention, that I resetted the PRAM several times.
> >
> > > I all three cases, my MacOS system hangs in the end with a nearly
> > > finished progress bar.
> >

> It's really starting to sound like a hardware problem. I'd call Apple,
> they'll replace it if it's faulty.

I cannot believe, that the system hardware is damaged, as I have been
already in MacOS 9 once on this ibook. And only after the MacOS X
installation this trouble started. (See "Subject: new ibook - potato
2.2r4 - image not found" and the more up to date one "Subject: QUIESCE +
MacOS still hangs (was Re:...)")

I think I know now that MacOS X is bad, but is it really capable of
destroying my ibooks hardware?

It's a pity I didn't try to install linux before MacOS X, so I don't
know whether my QUIESCE problem has something to do with my MacOSs not
booting anymore.

I think one more day of trying, then I contact my vendor...

florian

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------