Re: new ibook - potato 2.2r4 - image not found

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 04:17:22AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 06:12:59PM +0100, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> > After reading penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/ and your mail, I think
> > OSX is guilty. Before all this started, I created 3 HFS+ partitions (I
> > know that was wrong) and OSX made something not so funny of it.
> > Now all the MacOSs are not able to boot anymore, even the install CDs,
> > and my only chance is to solve this from the linux side.
>
> You should be able to boot the MacOS installation CD if you hold the C key
> down while the machine is booting.

That's exactly what I did.
MacOS 9.2 from the Installation CD starts to boot.
In the beginning the mouse is working.
After 4 symbols (2 arrows, a question mark, a N, and i think the
quicktime logo) appeared in the lower left corner and the progress has
nearly reached the end, the system hangs. Mouse is not moving anymore.
And after some time CD and harddrive are throttled down.

I don't believe the CD is damaged, because, the installed versions of
MacOS (9.2 and X) and their installation CDs (with holding the C key)
all hang durig boot.

Is their a possibility to change the way MacOS is booted?
To skip most drivers, or kind of "single user" mode or even
"init=/bin/sh/"?

florian

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------