Re: new ibook - potato 2.2r4 - image not found

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 06:27:46AM +0100, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I tried to install linux on my new ibook. But I got an error message:
> '
> Welcome to yaboot version 0.9
> Wrong partition 1 signature
> Config file read, 528 bytes
> Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (potato)
> boot:
> Wrong partition 1 signature
>
> Image not found.... try again
> WARNING ! default_close called !
> '
> I already searched the internet - but couldn't find anything useful.
>
> Another strange thing is, that after Installing MacOS X I cannot boot
> anything. MacOS 9 and MacOS X, and also their install CDs hang during
> boot phase. They stopped nearly at the end of the progress bar.
>
> I used the partition tool from the MacOS 9 Install CD to create 3
> Partitions (MacOS 9, MacOS X, Linux dummy).
> Others reported, there are a lot of partitions belonging to Open
> Firmware. I could only see my newly created 3 partitions - hmmm.
>
> Now, I have a new ibook, but nothing is working on it. And I do nearly
> know nothing about powerpc hardware. - So please help.
> references to documentation would also be fine.

Discouraging. I believe your MacOSX installation broke everything else.
Check out yaboot's home page at

penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |