Re: powerpc-utils: still in limbo

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Laurent de Segur wrote:

> As for last night, trying to install testing or unstable powerpc-utils
> package on top of a woody freshly updated system still shows the same
> conflict error reported for about 10 days. Ethan's workaround of using
> sid (unstable) doesn't work and causes the same problem (conflict
> happens with '/usr/share/man/man8/clock.8.gz'.)

Note that the bug is with util-linux, not powerpc-utils.  The clock.8 man
belongs to powerpc-utils, but was claimed by util-linux due to a typo.

Are you *sure* that this bug is still present in unstable?  What version
of util-linux is installed / being installed?  Version 2.11l-4 in unstable
has this bug (#116985) marked closed, and it fixed the problem for me.

'apt-get install util-linux/unstable' and see if that fixes your problem.

If you still have a conflict, file a bug against util-linux.