Re: powerpc-utils: still in limbo

At 17:32 Uhr -0700 08.11.2001, Tom Rini wrote:
 On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 06:12:55PM -0500, Shawn D'Alimonte wrote:

 I did that on my PReP machine and now it locks up tryign to set the
 hardware clock.  Since I use NTP to set the time I just took out the
 hwclock script and am now waiting for it to fsck.

 What kernel?  Do you have CONFIG_PPC_RTC=y and CONFIG_RTC=n ?

well, i'running a PowerMac (OldWorld, booting by BootX), but the problem has been the same.

step 1 was pressing "F13" when trying to load RTC
kernel was loading, system was working, but on shutting down the machine
	the same issue returned. resetting "hard" was the only way out.
step 2 was building my own 2.4.8-kernel with CONFIG_PPC_RTC=y and CONFIG_RTC=n,
	which is working fine.
step 3 was trying to do a simple delete to that "char"-modul from the imaged kernel-modules.
	worked as well  ;-))

regards
    robert
--
Was sieht man wirklich, und was erscheint einem nur so, als sähe man es?
    S. Lem, "Fiasko"